RALEIGH – God forbid one so much as question the government actions cordoning you off in your home by executive decree, lest you get shamed for not taking the health risks to others seriously enough. Yet, the N.C. Democratic Party, whose members are usually on the giving end of such sanctimonious browbeating, is currently calling for the legalization of door-to-door ballot harvesting during this pandemic.
You can’t make this stuff up.
Notice: The WPP_Query class has been deprecated since 5.0.0. Please use \WordPressPopularPosts\Query instead. in /www/wp-content/plugins/wordpress-popular-posts/src/deprecated.php on line 43
.@NCDemParty outlined a list of priorities to the SBOE – better accessibility for mail-in ballot requests, one-step register & mail-in ballot request, better transparency & tracking – to ensure voting remains fair, free, and secure amid coronavirus #ncpol https://t.co/wpQU98P0SB
— Robert Howard (@RobertWHoward) March 26, 2020
From the list of priorities for the NCDP:
- Prepaid postage for mailed ballot requests and returns.
- Allow voters to request mail-in ballots by email, fax, online form, or over the phone and honor requests submitted by the one-week deadline.
- Allow near relatives and legal guardians to request mail-in ballots at polling locations during One-Stop Early Voting and on Election Day.
- Allow persons other than near relatives and legal guardians to assist voters with requesting, completing, and returning ballots.
- Allow voters to register by mail up to the mail-in ballot request deadline, allow voters to “one-stop” register to vote and request a mail-in ballot, and restore same-day registration.
- Allow voters to certify their ballot by providing the signature of one witness or confirming their intent to submit the ballot in-person or over the phone.
- Allow voters and those assisting voters to return mail-in ballots at One-Stop Early Voting sites and Election Day polling places (including curbside).
- Count every mail-in ballot submitted by Election Day.
- Establish a one-step process for registering to vote and requesting a mail-in ballot.
- Establish a robust and uniform system for notifying voters when the Board determines their ballot request or application is invalid.
- Develop a tracking system that allows voters to track their ballot from the local Board and on its return from the voter to the local Board.
Along with all of the other requests to make voting for Democrats as close to automatic as they can get it, the call for anybody to be able to help you request, complete, and return a mail-in ballot is bold considering we are not very far removed from an election in which illegal ballot harvesting created a national scandal.
But hey, they want to legalize it now. Oh, and during a pandemic.
The North Carolina Democratic Party is literally calling for the legalization of door to door ballot harvesting, which is both a public health risk and a proven method of election fraud. #ncpol https://t.co/aXg3qF5OK1
— Neal Inman (@Neal_Inman) March 26, 2020
— Pete Kaliner (@PeteKaliner) March 26, 2020