BULLY: Cooper Pushes Teachers to Pressure NCGA in Budget Debacle of His Own Making, Republicans Fire Back

RALEIGH – Governor Roy Cooper, as many politicians, is fond of using teachers as a backdrop for his partisan policy proposals. He’s taken the stage at Red For Ed rallies fueled by radical leftists and union forces that only pretend to represent all teachers, to lambaste Republicans for years of teacher raises that ‘weren’t enough.’ Now he is using the Office of Governor to pressure teachers into perpetuating his propaganda campaign.

Cooper sent a letter to all school principals, advising them to forward it on to all teachers, in which he whines that he’s doing everything he can to get them raises and the Republicans in the legislature are their sole enemy.

The letter begins:

Trending: Mark Meadows Puts John Bolton’s Anti-Trump Book “Bombshell” in Perspective

take our poll - story continues below

Has Thom Tillis betrayed conservatives and President Trump?

  • Has Thom Tillis betrayed conservatives and President Trump?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to First In Freedom Daily updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

If it sounds like a 2020 campaign appeal, that’s because it is. As such, the governor has no business using taxpayer resources, and the weight of his office, to pressure state employees into supporting his political agenda.

Cooper says when he vetoed the budget in June, he thought he could get a “better deal.” He thought the Republicans would roll over for some Medicaid expansion or education spending splurges. He thought the new fiscal year would force their hands, and he would win the day for Bigger Government. He thought wrong.

His next line is today’s perfect example of political projection from a desperate Democrat:

Instead of putting students, educators, and school personnel first, the General Assembly’s focused on corporate tax cuts […] [READ: I, as governor chose to double down on my political brinkmanship, ignore my own miscalculations, and hurt the very people I pretend to advocate for in a desperate scramble for pure partisan political gain.] […]”

Cooper not only vetoed the big budget; he vetoed multiple mini-budgets that would have given teachers raises and supplemented education spending. He chose to plug his ears and stomp his feet instead.

Republican lawmakers are calling out the governor for abusing his taxpayer resources for what amounts to reelection campaigning.

From the North State Journal:

“[…] “Governor Cooper is using his office and taxpayer resources to email our state’s education professionals regarding a political matter, using misleading information,” said House Rules Chair, Rep. David Lewis (R-Harnett). “The truth is, Governor Cooper has vetoed every teacher pay raise that’s been sent to him.”

“Teachers need raises, not political rhetoric from the NCAE and Governor Cooper,” said Lewis. […]”

After Cooper soiled the waters his campaign copy to all North Carolina teachers, Lieutenant Governor Dan Forest felt obligated to clean up the mess and provide a fuller picture with a letter of his own.

Forest goes on to provide the facts that Cooper purposely left out, including just how many teacher and education spending raises the Republicans have passed into law, and how many Governor Cooper has vetoed.

Cooper and a radical Leftist organization with capturing only 5 percent of of North Carolina’s teachers are pulling as hard as they can to get the wool over the eyes of the other 95 percent of teachers, and all of North Carolina. Hopefully the majority of teachers and voters are recognizing the propaganda for what it is, and elect to return to the steady annual teacher raises Republicans have continually followed through on.

Have a hot tip for First In Freedom Daily?

Got a hot news tip for us? Photos or video of a breaking story? Send your tips, photos and videos to tips@firstinfreedomdaily.com. All hot tips are immediately forwarded to FIFD Staff.

Have something to say? Send your own guest column or original reporting to submissions@firstinfreedomdaily.com.